Greely Sand & Gravel is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities.
Assistive Devices: We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
Communication: We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Service Animals: We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
Support Persons: Greely Sand & Gravel is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities.
Notice of Temporary Disruption: In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Greely Sand & Gravel will notify customers promptly. The clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if they are available. The notice will be placed at the entrance to the office/scale.
Training for Staff: Greely Sand & Gravel will provide training to employees who deal with the public on our behalf. All employees of Greely Sand & Gravel will be trained.
This training will be provided within 3 months of hire for new employees.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessiblity for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Greely Sand & Gravel’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use any special equipment or devices at their location
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Greely Sand & Gravel’s goods and services.
- Employees will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
- Feedback Process
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Greely Sand & Gravel provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide it in the following methods:
Phone: (613) 821-3003
Toll Free: 1-800-361-2406
Fax: (613) 821-4069
By mail: 1971 Old Prescott Road, Greely, Ontario, K4P 1N6
Verbally to any Greely Sand & Gravel Manager
All feedback will be directed to the President/Owner. Customers can expect to hear back in two business days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Company Policies: All policies of Greely Sand & Gravel will respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Greely Sand & Gravel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
During the hiring process, tell job applicants when they are selected for an interview that accommodation will be provided.
If an applicant or successful candidate requests an accommodation, discuss their needs with them and make adjustments to support them.